Growth Hacking Strategies for 2017 Recommended by the Pros
2.) Advertising Personalization
Personalized advertising is the act of using insights into who a customer might be to increase the relevancy of an ad. These insights can be as simple as human wants/needs, geolocation and basic demographic information to more specific insights such as a niche interest, buying intent, and even behavioral patterns.
All of these insights are variables brands should consider when targeting ads to get more audience engagement and ultimately sales. Without them, you may as well use the shotgun approach and blast your messages to the masses in hopes of seeing positive returns.
I’ve put together a classification system that I think will
* Level 0: Targeting based on need or want and broad geographic location (country, state).
* Level 1: Targeting based on the combination of need or want and more specific geographic location (city).
* Level 2: Targeting based on the combination of need or want, micro-geographic location (zip code), and demographic information (age, gender, income, etc.).
* Level 3: Targeting based on the combination of need or want, micro-geographic location, demographic information, and general individual interest (sports, travel, technology, etc).
* Level 4: Targeting based on the combination of need or want, micro-geographic location, advanced demographic information (political preference, brand loyalty, type of vehicle, etc.), specific niche interest (Genre of music, famous person, hobbies, etc.), and buying intent (search keyword).
* Level 5: Targeting based on the combination of need or want, exact geographic location, advanced demographic information, specific niche interest, buying intent, and historical behavioral patterns (purchase history, voting record, web page visited, etc.).
Landing pages are a personalized experience because the online ads connected to them should be targeted accordingly. Ideally, targeting is based on level 4–5 personalization, which is now available with digital technologies. Targeting that includes micro or exact location, niche interests, advanced demographic information, buying intent, and sometimes historical behavior all make this personalization a possibility.